- Open Office For Macbook Air
- Apache Openoffice Download For Mac
- Openoffice For Mac Os 10
- Openoffice Download For Mac Mojave
OpenOffice for Mac is a free powerful office suite that provides a good replacement for Microsoft Office for Mac. OpenOffice for Mac is a multi-platform and multilingual office suite that is compatible with all other major office suites (meaning it will open and edit Word, Powerpoint documents etc) and best of all, its absolutely free to use. Get OpenOffice for your Mac or MacBook. Downloading OpenOffice Office Suite on your Mac or MacBook is as easy as going to the download section of the official website, selecting your operating system, language and version of preference and clicking on the ‘Download Full Instance’ button. OpenOffice is a tool that helps users manage their spreadsheets, documents, and multimedia presentations. This software features several programs, including a word processor, a spreadsheet manager, a drawing tool, and a presentation creator, making both personal and professional use possible. How do I install OpenOffice on Mac OS X? Visit the OpenOffice website at and locate the icon with the download option on the top menu bar of the website with the word 'Download'. Click on it and you will be presented with a green area holding some options.
Writer – a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
Calc – a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyse, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
Impress – the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations. Vector drawing tool Draw – lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
Base – lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within OpenOffice.org
Math – lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
Mac OS X Support
With Version 3.0, OpenOffice.org is now able to run on Mac OS X without the need for X11. Thus, OpenOffice.org behaves like any other Aqua application.
ODF 1.2 Support
OpenOffice.org 3.0 already supports the features of the upcoming version 1.2 of the ISO standard OpenDocument Format (ODF). ODF 1.2 includes a powerful formula language as well as a sophisticated metadata model based on the W3C standards RDF and OWL. ODF is being mandated and adopted in a growing number of countries. In addition; ODF is being implemented by many vendors for many different applications.
Microsoft Office 2007 Import Filters
In addition to read and write support for the Microsoft Office binary file formats (.doc; .xls, .ppt, etc.), OpenOffice.org 3.0 is now capable of opening files created with Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac OS X (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx, etc.). Thus, OpenOffice.org users can interact with users still using Microsoft Office. The various filters for the Microsoft Office file formats also make mixed environments possible, so that some users stay on Microsoft Office while others use OpenOffice.org.
OpenOffice.org now also has a solver component which allows solving optimization problems where the optimum value of a particular spreadsheet cell has to be calculated based on constraints provided in other cells. The new solver component should be particularly interesting to Mac users considering that Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac OS X apparently does not include a solver feature anymore.
Many OpenOffice.org users requests support for displaying custom error bars and regression equations. The OpenOffice.org developer community including Sun listened to these users and added these highly desired features to OpenOffice.org 3.0. Thus; now it's possible to draw error bars based on error ranges provided in spreadsheet cells. In addition, it is possible to display regression equations as well as correlation coefficients.
1024 Columns Per Calc Sheet (Instead of 256)
With support for 1024 columns; OpenOffice.org 3.0 can now handle significantly more data than before. Previous versions only supported 256 columns.
Display of Multiple Writer Pages While Editing
When you are writing larger documents; it is often nice to see the current page in a context, i.e. to also see the previous and the next page. With the new zoom slider, it is now easily possible to change the zoom factor. More importantly, OpenOffice.org Writer can now display multiple pages at the same time. This features is particularly handy on large monitors or dual-monitor setups.
The Sidebar is a major new feature of the user interface in all of the OpenOffice applications.
The Sidebar makes better use of today's widescreen displays than traditional toolbars. The 'Properties' deck is context-sensitive and shows panels with the document properties that are most frequently used for the current editing task.
Different panels expanded or collapsed
- Eleven property panels have been migrated from IBM Lotus Symphony: Alignment, Area, Cell Appearance, Graphic, Line, Number Format, Page, Paragraph, Position and Size, Text and Wrap.
- Seven panels come from the old Impress tool panel: Available for Use, Custom Animation, Layouts, Recently Used, Slide Transition, Table Design, Used in This Presentation.
- Four are non-modal (ie non locking) dialogs: Functions, Gallery, Navigator, Syles and Formatting.
- One is new: Insert.
The width of the Sidebar can be adjusted. The controls adapt their size accordingly. If you need more space then it can be undocked — and possibly moved to a second display — or it can be reduced to a thin tab bar. A single click on one of the icons and the sidebar is back.
Open Office For Macbook Air
Fidelity and interoperability improvement is an ongoing goal for Apache OpenOffice. And there are many improvements going in to the new version. Here an overview of some of the major fidelity improvements since the Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 release, including features, enhancements and defect fixes.
Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 is a maintenance release which fixes critical issues and improves the overall quality of the application. All users of Apache OpenOffice 4.0 or earlier are advised to upgrade.
General areas of improvement include: additional native language translations, bug fixes, performance improvements and Windows 8 compatibility enhancements.
- Performance Improvements/Enhancements compared to OpenOffice 4.0.0
- The performance for saving XLS files was boosted by more than 230%.
- Improvements/Enhancements missing in the OpenOffice 4.0.0 release notes
- OpenOffice 4.0 integrated the very popular extensions 'Presenter Screen' and 'Presentation Minimizer' into the core product.
- Crash when switching sidebar panes
- Crash with certain extensions
- Crash on Microsoft Windows with text in complex scripts
- Crash when deleting footnotes
- Loading *.123 files
- Rendering of charts with many data points
- Image rendering on Mac OS X
- Python compatibility has been improved
- Fixes to make C# extensions work
- Error on user profile migration regarding updating bundled extensions
- Error on opening Microsoft Office documents created in Apple iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- HTML export losing paragraph formatting
- Crashes on PDF export in Writer's Page Preview
- Crashes in Writer when deleting content which had been copied to the clipboard
- Error/Crashes on importing Microsoft Word documents
- No possible keyboard text selection in Writer's text frames
- Lost database connection in text documents on save - related to Mail Merge
- Errors in Calc's filter functions
- Calculation error in IMABS() function
- Formatting error of boolean values in Calc
- Repaint errors in Calc which showed double lines and white stripes
- Various fixes/improvements for SVG files
- Fixed and improved visualization of transformed bitmap graphics for Linux
- Fix to exporting a bitmap graphic with a given pixel size
- Fixed Copy/Paste clipboard handling for transporting bitmap images (e.g. drag & drop or copy/paste from browser)
- Fixed Microsoft Windows-specific performance task with very large bitmaps, enhanced buffering for all systems
- Repaired some modes of text editing for graphic objects where the text was not always readable
- Fix to import of user-defined connector changes
- Corrected line width for anchor visualization in Writer
- Fixed EMF/WMF reader for some critical cases to enhance the import quality
Popular apps in Office Applications
full-featured office suite
Download From Publisher
Version 4.1.7 for Windows, Multilingual-Standard
178MB download / 642-692MB installed
Standard vs All Notes Antivirus Scan Fonts Details
Download From Publisher
Version 4.1.7 for Windows, Multilingual-All
307MB download / 1200-1400MB installed
Standard vs All Notes Antivirus Scan Fonts Details
Apache OpenOffice Portable can run from a cloud folder, external drive, or local folder without installing into Windows. It's even better with the PortableApps.com Platform for easy installs and automatic updates.
Apache Openoffice Download For Mac
- Support Apache OpenOffice development
- Support PortableApps.com's development and hosting
Apache OpenOffice Portable is a full-featured office suite that's compatible with Microsoft Office, Word Perfect, Lotus and other office applications. It's easy-to-use and feature-rich, performing nearly all of the functions you'd expect in an office suite, but at no cost.
Standard vs All Languages: The standard download includes support for English (US and GB), Arabic (if available), Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian and Portugal), Russian, and Spanish. The All Languages download includes all languages supported. The Portable App Directory app store built into the PortableApps.com Platform will automatically select the right download for you. An option during installation allows you to remove extra language templates, dictionaries, and other files to save you space.
App Fonts Download - Some or all of the fonts that are normally packaged with this package are not included due to a bug within the Windows 10 Anniversary update that causes dynamically loaded fonts to take 10 times longer to load. The fonts are available as a direct download zip of fonts. You add the fonts to the PortableApps.com Platform (recommended) by placing them in the PortableAppsPortableApps.comDatafonts directory. You can also add the fonts directly to this app by placing them within the Datafonts directory within the portable app's main directory.
Openoffice For Mac Os 10
Some Languages Unavailable: Due to the way Apache OpenOffice handles locales, some locales that are available from Apache are not available in this portable edition. Languages such as Gaelic and Tamil collide with other installed languages so they can not also be included. If you need access to one of the languages that is not included, please consider using LibreOffice Portable instead.
Openoffice Download For Mac Mojave
For help with this app, please see the following:
- External: Publisher Documentation
- External: Publisher Support
- PortableApps.com Forum: Portable App Support
- Publisher: Apache OpenOffice Team & PortableApps.com (John T. Haller)
- Date Updated: 2019-07-01
- Date Added: 2006-11-20
- System Requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- App License: Open Source (Apache)
- Source: Apache OpenOffice, PortableApps.com Launcher, PortableApps.com Installer
- MD5 Hash: 3fb3d199947a2bc88b83ab5afa729dc6, All: 612d5aac2aba342f579f0769ce3cb918
- SHA256 Hash: b5de63c114a9ebb741215aaee9361d49c3104cc58c5a80f36047a876cd61685c, All: 6b2e30249361d74beb04538cdbf18711646a59ce41f6531e14eb1eb00cf16470
Apache OpenOffice™ Portable is a third-party package of Apache OpenOffice. The usage of the trademark for 'Apache OpenOffice Portable' package was approved by the Apache OpenOffice PMC; the name 'Apache OpenOffice Portable' was chosen for compatibility with the PortableApps.com platform. Apache, the Apache feather logo, and OpenOffice are trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation. OpenOffice.org and the seagull logo are registered trademarks of The Apache Software Foundation.