There are a lot of keyboard shortcuts hidden in the PC keyboard. You just need to press the correct combination in your keyboard to enter the desired emojis. List of Keyboard Symbol Shortcuts. The symbols shortcut keys on the keyboard are often called Alt codes. You are using the ALT key for every combination. Mac keyboard shortcuts By pressing certain key combinations, you can do things that normally need a mouse, trackpad, or other input device. To use a keyboard shortcut, press and hold one or more modifier keys and then press the last key of the shortcut.
- Mac Keyboard Shortcuts For Windows
- Shortcuts For Mac Keyboard
- Mac Keyboard Shortcuts For Pc Windows 10
- Mac Keyboard Shortcuts For Pc Windows 8
- Mac Keyboard Shortcuts Word
A clear list of over 200 Excel shortcuts for both Windows and Mac, side-by-side. Windows shortcuts in dark gray on the left, Mac shortcuts in white on the right. Mac users know keyboard shortcuts are the way to go in OS X. Using the keyboard to perform routine and repetitive tasks is a great timesaver and really ups your skill level, but did you know you can add or even customize keyboard shortcuts? Controlling your Mac with the keyboard is no small part of OS X’s (and earlier versions as well) DNA. Tab highlights the next text field or pop-up menu. Tab also highlights buttons and other controls if “Use keyboard navigation to move focus between controls” is selected in the Shortcuts pane of the Keyboard pane of System Preferences. Option-Tab highlights the same items as Tab plus all other clickable items.
Mac equivalents of Windows keys
Many of the keys that you'd see on a PC have equivalent keys on an Apple keyboard.
Windows logo: Press Command (⌘).
Mac Keyboard Shortcuts For Windows
Backspace or Delete: Press Delete.
Enter or ⏎: Press Return.
Alt (left): Press Option (⌥).
Alt GR (right): Press Option + Control.
Applications: This key isn't available on Apple keyboards.
Shortcuts For Mac Keyboard
Use the On-Screen Keyboard for other functions
If your Apple keyboard doesn't include the following keys, you can recreate them in Windows using the On-Screen Keyboard.
Use the Snipping Tool to print screen
To recreate the Print Screen and Print Active Window function in Windows, use the Snipping Tool.
If your keyboard isn't working as expected in Windows
Mac Keyboard Shortcuts For Pc Windows 10
If your Apple keyboard works as expected in macOS but not in Windows, try these solutions:
Mac Keyboard Shortcuts For Pc Windows 8
- Install the latest Apple software updates for Windows.
- Install the latest Windows support software.
- If you're using Microsoft Windows 10 N, install the latest Media Feature Pack.
Mac Keyboard Shortcuts Word
- Microsoft provides a keyboard mapping article that describes using a Windows keyboard with macOS.
- Use Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to find key combinations for the unique characters used by the language and region your Apple keyboard is designed to support:
- Download, install, and open the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator.
- Choose File > Load Existing Keyboard.
- Select the keyboard you want to see.
- Find the country or region name in the keyboard list that's followed by '(Apple)'.
- Follow the instructions provided with the app. You can print images of the keyboard, including what keys look like when holding modifiers like Shift, Option, or Fn.