- Mozilla continues to work on further improvements for its flagship product: the free and open source browser, Firefox. Its many features include enabling the simultaneous browsing of multiple pages with its tab system, supporting most existing web standards, and offering a personalized experience with extensions, plugins, and themes created.
- Mozilla Firefox for Mac is a Web browsing alternative that offers a full range of features to let you peruse your favorite sites with ease. This program offers all of the functionality you'd expect from a Web browser through a clean and familiar interface. Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser.
This article will show you how to install Thunderbird on Mac. For other operating systems, see Installing Thunderbird on Windows and Installing Thunderbird on Linux. Before you install Thunderbird, check that your computer meets the System Requirements. Firefox developer Mozilla also owns Pocket, a service that lets you save websites for later reading, even offline. Its tight integration with Firefox may be a boon if you already love the service.
This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Note: This article only applies to Mac. For instructions to install Firefox on Windows, see How to download and install Firefox on Windows.For instructions to install Firefox on Linux, see Install Firefox on Linux.
Make sure your Mac meets the System Requirements for Firefox. If you use an old version of OS X, see these articles for more information:
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
- Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Complete the steps above before running Firefox. Do not run Firefox directly from the Firefox.dmg file, as this can result in issues such as lost data and settings.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
Download Mozilla Firefox For Mac Os X
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Mozilla Firefox App For Mac Os
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .