Why Perian for Windows and Mac Alternative is Necessary?
- Perian, the swiss-army knife of QuickTime components, is designed to expand the file formats and subtitles supported by QuickTime Player. With the components installed on macOS, QuickTime is able to handle a motley collection of formats, from the commonly used MKV, FLV, MPEG-4, H.264, H.263, WebM, VP8, SRT/SSA subtitles to the less known formats HuffYUV, and more.
- Perian is an add-on for QuickTime that makes it compatible with a huge range of video file formats. That makes it much easier to watch a range of video content on the Mac: FLV, DivX, MPEG4 and so on. Instead of constantly hunting for codecs or players, QuickTime becomes the 'Swiss Army knife' of video players - a phrase its developers are proud of.
Download Perian The “Swiss-army knife for Quicktime”. This open source utility is basically a wrapper that incorporates a multitude of codecs for Quicktime for Mac.
Perian is a QuickTime component which makes QuickTime unsupported formats be played on Mac OS X QuickTime. It is quite convenient for some file format playing. However, Perian can only be compatible with lower version QuickTime. As for the latest QuickTime 10 or later version, it is impossible to play QuickTime not supported videos in it. Under this circumstance, Perian alternative is badly needed.
So the question is how can we find a professional Perian Alternative for Mac and Windows? Do not worry. The following article is going to divide two parts to tell wonderful Perian for Windows and Mac Alternative tool to do you a favor.
Part One: Best Perian for Mac Alternative and Perian for Window Alternative
This Total Video Converter is a nice Perian Alternative for Mac and Windows. So Windows and Mac users have no need to worry about playing videos in QuickTime with it.
It can convert any video or audio like MKV, WTV, WMV, 3GP, MOV, F4V, Apple ProRes MOV, WebM, AVCHD, FLV, VOB, MPEG, Xvid, DivX, WAV, WMA, FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIFF and etc. to QuickTime supported AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3 and more to play any videos in QuickTime freely.
In addition, Perian for Mac or Windows alternative can convert any video or audio to play them on any other players, portable devices or edit them in any video audio editing tool. You can feely burn video or audio into DVD or upload them to YouTube, SNS sites with Perian Alternative.
Furthermore, Perian alternative for Windows or Mac can cut videos, crop videos, clip videos, rotate videos, add/remove subtitle to/from videos, add watermark to videos, remove black bars, merge or join videos together, adjust video channel, and adjust the video and audio bitrate and resolution and more.
Step by Step Guide on How to Use Perian Alternative for Mac and Window
Make Preparation: Free download Perian for Mac or Window Alternative (For Mac, For Windows) to your computer. Run it after finishing downloading and installing.
Step 1 Import Videos
Click “Add File” button to load videos.
Step 2 Choose the Output Format as You Wish
Click “Profile” drop-down button to select the QuickTime supported formats MOV, MP4, AVI, ASF, MP3 etc. from.
Perian Codec For Mac Os Catalina
To convert videos to play them in Final Cut, iMovie, Apple devices, Samsung, Android, Media Player, BlackBerry and more, you may also choose the file format form “General Video”, “Apple iPod”, “Apple iPad”, “Apple iPhone”, “Apple TV”, “Samsung”, “Android” “Black Berry”.
To do some video or audio editing, You may also go to “Trim” “Edit” “Settings …” window to cut videos, crop videos, rotate files, compress files, add subtitles or watermarks to videos, increase videos quality/sound volume, adjust video or audio channel or codec and more.
Step 3 Convert Video with Perian for Windows and Mac Alternative
Click the “Convert” button to convert files.
When the conversion is finished, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted files. Just transfer the converted files to players like QuickTime to play it.
Part Two: Other Perian Alternatives for Your Reference
- Perian for Mac Alternative: XLD, short form X Lossless Decoder, can decode/convert/play various files. Mac users can choose this tool to play or convert videos to QuickTime. As for Windows users, you can choose the following K-Lite Codec Pack or this wonderful and powerful XLD for Windowsto convert video to QuickTime for playing.
- Perian for Window Alternative: K-Lite Codec Pack can help play audio and video but just have Windows version. If you are a Mac user, you can use this K-Lite Codec Pack Mac.
More Useful Tips for Perian for Your Convenience
The following is a list of formats which can be played by Perian:
- File formats: AVI, DIVX, FLV, MKV, GVI, VP6, and VFW
- Audio types: Windows Media Audio v1 & v2, Flash ADPCM, Xiph Vorbis (in Matroska), and MPEG Layer I & II Audio, True Audio, DTS Coherent Acoustics, Nellymoser ASAO
- Video types: MS-MPEG4 v1 & v2, DivX, 3ivx, H.264, Sorenson H.263, FLV/Sorenson Spark, FSV1, VP6, H263i, VP3, HuffYUV, FFVHuff, MPEG1 & MPEG2 Video, Fraps, Snow, NuppelVideo, Techsmith Screen Capture, DosBox Capture
- AVI support for: AAC, AC3 Audio, H.264, MPEG4, and VBR MP3
- Subtitle support for SSA/ASS and SRT
download dat file player, asx to mp3 converter online, ps4 support mkv, convert 3g2 to avi, how to play ismv files, convert bdmv to mkv, bdmv on mac, convert tp, convert avchd to mkv
Perian Editor's ReviewPerian is an Open Source plugin for QuickTime, which enables the playback of other video formats.
QuickTime is not the only player that can use this plugin. Any other video player that uses a QuickTime module for displaying the video material can load this package.
By installing this package you can get support for codecs like Microsoft MPEG 4, versions 1, 2 and 3, as well as getting support for other MPEG 4 subset implementations such as DivX 3.11, DivX, XviD, 3ivX, MPEG4 video, H.264, Sorenson H.263, Flash Screen Video, Truemotion VP6, WMV, VBR MP3, AAC and AC3 Audio. As you can see, the supported list is quite decent.
Almost every format from the supported list can be decoded into a raw format too. The exceptions are WMV, VBR MP3, AAC, and AC3 Audio. In order to use two of these audio codecs properly, you have to install some additional packages. WMV requires Flip4Mac and AC3 requires A52 codec.
The supported containers are AVI and FLV. PCM/ADPCM and Flash Screen Video v2 are not supported within the FLV container.
Pluses: by using this plugin you can get easy access to a decent list of video encodings that are not supported by QuickTime. The Perian plugin comes as a part of the Democracy video player, so you have an alternative installation choice.
Perian Codec For Mac Os 10.13Drawbacks / flaws:
Mac Codec Packthis package is very useful for the people who are using a lot of video file encoding types and they don't want to limit themselves to the Apple's container, MOV, and its supported encodings.
version reviewed: 0.5