TP-link Tether is a great solution for better wifi configuration with your TP-link router. The router itself is a revolution and bring so many benefits to its user. So now it is high time to take the whole advantage of this router using a super-effective app Tether app for Mac and Windows. TP Link - Download Center Detail. Operating System: Mac OS 10.15. For Mac OS 10.15. For TL-WN821N(EUUS) v6.0, TL-WN822N(EUUS) v5.0, TL-WN8200ND(UN) v2.0, TL. Our wireless devices can work very well with MAC OS devices, and it is very easy to connect wireless network on MAC OS, below is a guide that can help you. System Information: Mac OS X Version 10.7.3 Method 1: Connecting procedure. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for TP-Link AC1300 - USB 3.0 Mini WiFi Adapter 2.4G/5G Dual Band Wireless Network Adapter for PC Desktop MU-MIMO WiFi Dongle Supports Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP/Mac OS X 10.9-10.14 (Archer T3U) at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. TP-Link AC600 USB WiFi Adapter for PC (Archer T2U Plus)- Wireless Network Adapter for Desktop with 2.4GHz, 5GHz High Gain Dual Band 5dBi Antenna, Supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP, Mac OS 10.9-10.14 #1 Best Seller.
- Tp Link For Mac Os High Sierra
- Tp Link For Mac Os 10.13
- Tp Link For Mac Os 10.12
- Tp Link For Mac Os 10.10
I recently decided to upgrade my network. With the proliferation of the internet of things IoT, I’ve become concerned about the security (or lack thereof) of these devices. In a recent Security Now podcast Steve Gibson mentioned the idea of using multiple Wifi routers to segregate your network. I quickly dismissed this approach due to the nightmare of having to manage multiple wifi routers and for a lack of robust options this would give. I decided to instead move from an unmanaged network infrastructure to a managed switch environment with VLANs. At the time Amazon was offering the TP-LINK 8 port easy smart routers at dirt cheap prices so I bought several for my home network. The routers have been a great addition, however the one thing I was less than happy about was the management software was a) not web based and b) Windows only. My first stab at running this software on my Mac was to use wineskin to install the software. The software installs and ran but my problem was I couldn’t see any text, unless I specifically clicked on an entry and then the text would appear but it was very faded and hard to read. Google turned up a great blog entry on running the software natively on linux with the need to do some firewall port forwarding to see the switches. Come to find out, the exe on windows is actually a java jar file in disguise. The blog post has instructions on using ipchains, which of course Mac OS X does not have, instead one must use the PF firewall. After some man page reading I came up with a solution to use the TP-Link software natively on my mac.
This guide is for connecting to v1 of the router. Several people have said that v2 of the router contains a built-in web interface for making these changes. You can tell what version you have by looking at the sticker on the router (usually on the bottom it will say either v1 or v2)
- First if you don’t already have Java installed…install it from the Java site. (If you don’t already have Java installed, and don’t need it I would highly recommend that you remove the web plugin and just keep the rest of the Java install intact. The plugin can be found at /Library/Internet Plug-ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin. Removing it will make your computer safer but still give you the ability to run Java applications locally on your computer.)
- Next create a file that contains the PF firewall forwarding rules (I just did this on my desktop) called
- Type in the following string:
- The interface is the network connection your are using ( this is found by opening up /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and typing in ifconfig -a) and looking for the active interface. On *most* systems it will be something like
- The ip is the address that that interface has assigned usually something like 192.168.x.x
- Next create a new file called pf.conf (again on your desktop) and add the following text:
- Now back in Terminal type in sudo pfctl -f /Users/your_user_name/Desktop/pf.conf -e
- If you did everything correctly you’ll see some text on screen with the last line saying pf enabled.
- Again from the terminal type in java -jar /path to the Easy Smart Configuration Utility.exe file if you don’t have a Windows box to get the executable here: Easy Smart Configuration Utility.jar
- The TP-Link app should open. Usually it finds nothing on the first try. Just click Refresh and you should now see your switch(es) on the network.
- You can now follow along with the manual TP-Link provides to modify the switches. A couple things to note, by default you have to be on the same subnet with the switches to modify them (You can get around this with some VLAN magic). Second my connection seems to time out to the switches after 30 seconds or so. You’ll get a Timeout, no response from agent error. Just click ok and try your action again and you’ll reconnect and be able to make changes.
Update 2016-05-12 – Both files have to have a carriage return at the end of each line otherwise the commands will fail
Here are the two sample files (replace the appropriate placeholders with your info)
tplink (SHA512 – b8b85d6a547eb97b3392521714f7dbff17a87caef0606ab958da79920cae4a1711ee703ee843679e2ad1c6b522cb7de946cd77e32d024b6bb9c64c741d38027b)
3.3/5(3 votes )
Want to know how to keep your tp-link tether on your PC? Then you have come to the right place where we will describe all the hacks related to tp-link tether for pc. This super effective app allows you to run in your computer, all you need to have an emulator.
Normally, this app is not effective on your pc by default as it is made for the mobile devices. But many of us love to have it now at their pc as this app becomes super popular with them. To know how to do it make sure you will read the whole article on this.
- Tp-link tether for pc APK and Features
What is Tp-link tether for pc
TP-link Tether is a great solution for better wifi configuration with your TP-link router. The router itself is a revolution and bring so many benefits to its user. So now it is high time to take the whole advantage of this router using a super-effective app Tether app for Mac and Windows.
The parental control of a router often comes with some limitation but this app will help you to break the shackle of it. For that, you can experience surfing in a better way. The functionality of it is user-friendly based so you don’t go through a hard time to manage it. You can easily be set up the SSID setup and extend the range out of it. While you are not at home then you can simply turn off the router so easily.
Benefits of using Tp-link tether for pc
Tp-link Tether for Windows with Mac allows one to be get connected with Pc apart from the mobile platform. It is one of the popular choices for the Wi-Fi hotspot tethering through an app. When you are sitting alone in your home behind the desktop and work hard for long hours then you want to have your tethering app to be get connected with pc, don’t you? So the wise thing would be to choose this option right away.
The main interesting thing is the app is totally free to download and there is no need to spend money to have it on your computer as well. You can easily set up the data consumption from your pc and then when the limitation crossed using right from your pc then you can manage the data by yourself from pc.
Due to this super app installed in your pc you are going to enjoy the feature of wifi tethering and manage the tethering interface even though your kids are playing your phone and you don’t have so now. So download tp-link tether for pc and see how it works.
Tp-link tether for pc APK and Features
This app has great versatile features and all of them are super handy for you to manage your Tp-link router. Here are some of the special features of it.
- You can find the best location also place your range extender
- Setting up the Password, SSID along with the Internet ADSL/VDSL setting on your PC/mobile
- You can block the unauthorized users who are accessing your devices
- One can manage the permissions of the client devices
- It supports the parental control function
- It schedules the URL-based internet access management
- After a specific time, it will turn off the LED light
- Organize the TP-Link devices simultaneously
- Ensure better parental control function
- Eliminates the hassle of router management
Tp Link For Mac Os High Sierra
- It gets stuck sometimes
What are the upcoming features in 2020
The tether app needs to be upgraded, and it is for updating your management as well. Keeping this in mind the Tp-link tether app will bring something new or renovate the system in a better way. Here are some of the amazing latest hacks of the tp-link tether on pc.
- It will be completely bug-free
- The app would be a more user-friendly and better interface
- Theme customization with new features
How to Install Fildo on your pc (Windows and Mac)
Here in this article, you are going to learn how to download Tether app pc. Normally, the PC platform is not by default, and so we recommend you to have this using an emulator. In that case, you need to either a BlueStacks or Nox player (recommended)
Tp Link For Mac Os 10.13
Follow our instructions on installing the tp-link tether app on your laptop 7/8/10 with Desktop
- First off, you need to begin with either BlueStacks or the Nox player on your Pc for that make sure you install any of them
- Afterward, you need to open the emulator and then go to the play store app
- To activate the play store, you need to log in with a Gmail account
- Once you log in successfully, now search tp-link tether app at the top corner of the search bar
- Now begin with the installation of the app first and wait for the installation
- Once the app gets installed in your emulator you can see it or you can search it on the search bar of the BlueStacks
- Now, when you get it then start using the app by double-clicking on it and enjoy the app.
Tp Link For Mac Os 10.12
So you’ve got the whole details on the Tp-link tether app for pc in this article. Make sure you get the points by heart and follow the whole instruction. This app is a great choice for your pc while you are having a long hour sitting behind your computer and experience the data consumption.
Tp Link For Mac Os 10.10
Professional Tech Content Writter and Developer. He finds his sense of work in Windows software, Andorid Apps, tools, ROMs , Emulator , and what not. Apart from mobile OS, I also enjoys testing softwares for PC. and Testing android software for pc, Windows 7, Windows 10, Xp, Mac, Linux.